Home Chat General Chat

Cycling Research

Dear triathletes/cyclists,

I am currently planning my dissertation at Brunel University in West London where I am studying for an MSc in Human Performance. I am inviting triathletes/cyclists to participate in a leading cycling research study.

The purpose of the study is to investigate whether a training intervention, using specific pedaling techniques, improves efficiency in cycling.

All participants will be required to participate in the following;

[ul][*]A pre training test, (2 hours per person) during the weekend of the 29th-30th of March, 2008.

[*]A 4 week training intervention; 3x1 hour sessions per week delivered by qualified triathlon coaches.

[*]A post training test, (2 hours per person) during the weekend of 26th-27th of April, 2008.

[*]Two additional visits for FREE VO2 max testing (worth £160 each). These tests will take place in the week prior to and post the above testing dates respectively. They will be carried out by qualified exercise physiologists, who will also provide you with a written report on your training zones.[/ul]

All testing and training will take place at Brunel University, although there is a possibility that some of the training can take place in East London for those whom it is more convenient.

Anyone partaking in this study needs to have a minimum of two years racing experience (cycling or triathlons). It would be preferable for all participants to use their own bike, turbo trainer and cadence computer for the coached sessions. However we may be able to provide you with the relevant equipment, so don't be put off if you do not have either a turbo trainer or cadence computer at present.

This is a great opportunity to be involved in leading cycling research.

If you are interested, please contact me on 07976 903 738 or [email=davidbrown26@hotmail.com]davidbrown26@hotmail.com[/email] or altenatively contact Dr Tom Korff at [email=thomas.korff@brunel.ac.uk]thomas.korff@brunel.ac.uk[/email]

Please use the reference "Cycling Study" in your e-mail subject so I can identify your response and do not accidentally delete you as junk mail.

I look forward to hearing from you.

David.