Home Buy Triathlon Gear

Funny triathlon stories anyone?

Fellow triathletes,

I'm in the process of compiling a book of funny triathlon stories (loosely called Triathlon Tales) and was wondering if you guys could help me out. So, if you have any funny one-liners or short stories (you know the kind of thing, I was coming out of transition and....!), please post them on here or email them to me at: [color=#003399]triathlontales@yahoo.co.uk[/color] and I'll credit you if and when the book is published (and send you a free copy!).

Many thanks, Mark.

Comments

• ardkeenardkeen Posts: 152
    Hi

Its looking bad for triathletes, no sense of humour. That book could be dodgy. Hve you ever thought maybe horror might be a better genre considering the pain involved in the sport.

The first thing that springs to mind for me was a guy starting in triathlon and he decides to go for swimming lessons. He asks repeatedly the coach about his problems breathing and she says to him you're fine, its good. So he says again that he's not happy with it and what should he do about all the water he's taking in. Obviously pissed off the coach says swallow it!

• ponapona Posts: 1

From what I am hearing some of the big guns like Pfizer, AZ, etc are "streamlining" their sales forces, especially GP fieldforces. With news this week that Sanofi and BMS may be merging, does that mean that over the next 12-18 mths we may well see a much larger number of reps being made redundant, and the once barren marketplace for good representatives suddenly overflowing with people again looking for roles? Whats your view?[/align]
  • jasperjasper Posts: 9
    Apologies for dragging up an old thread but I thought I'd share all the same:

A few years ago my friend was doing a triathlon in Germany. As he came down a steep descent at speed, the crowd were shouting to him. He hadn't a clue what they were saying but soon found out....they were warning him of the hairpin up ahead. Sure enough, he didn't make it round. He hit the crash barrier where his tri-shorts caught up on a bolt on the barrier and his bike went over the edge, but caught in bushes rather than going down the banking.

He had a few cuts, but nothing serious and with a little help from the crowd, he retrieved his bike and was on his way again. When he came to the last 200m or so of the run, the crowd were cheering like mad as each competitor crossed line. My mate, caught up in the moment, raised his ends and was clapping & waving as he finished his run. Slowly the crowd fell silent, then there were a few titters...he glanced down to see his knob hanging out of his shorts were the bolt had ripped them in the earlier crash...