Home Chat Race Chat

Anyone doing IM Lanzerote 2008?

124»

Comments

• Hi Dave,

Sorry to here about your sickly run!

It was a great day wasn't it.

I've signed up for vitruvian, also doing London. I m itching to do another IM now. Wish I'd signed up for IM UK. Thinking of doing Nice next year, you fancy it?

Colin
  • AgnessAgness Posts: 27
    following this thread has really inspired me! I really want to do an ironman. Have bought joe friels going long, training bible and total immersion dvd. books arrivd yesterday. now am even more inspired. Only prob is i dont swim very well and am fat (2 st overwieght). Am starting my IM training today. Well done all that either finished or attempted lanzerote. off to do helvellyn bike route now with 15mins run after it.

• Dave BoyDave Boy Posts: 94
    Hi Colin well done again great time.Doing Dambuster then Cowman and London the Vit as well.About Nice went there last year to train very pricey to stay how about Switzerland but fancey one of them would be nice to meet up and talk.

Agness glad the chats have helped.Talking to people in the same postion as me helped me loads.Good luck with your training.
  • ardkeenardkeen Posts: 152
    Well done you guys, a friend of mine did it in 14.25, said the bike was very tough, but is still raving about how well the event is run and what a spectacle. Congrats again.
  • hi,

Still struggling to get the motivation to start retraining.

Agness, do not despair, I lost 2 stone during the 30 schedule I followed! (Don Finks' 'be iron fit')

Dave, surely Nice can't be any dearer than Lanza!!

Nice is going to be my fall back race if i cant get into Coeur d'Alene, Idaho

Take care, Colin
  • CalimaCalima Posts: 35
    Just to say congratulations to all the triathletes that raced IM Lanzarote, have just got back myself from the World C'ships in Vancouver with an extended holiday. Started training again today - hard work but it will get easier.

Plans for next year is the Quelle Challenge in Barcelona (October) IM distance but not run by them.

Regards to all [:D]