Home Chat General Chat

Ttraining

Just wondered if anyone has any good links to turbo training programmes, I am new to this and the info with my Ttrainer isn't very helpful.

Is it also worth getting hold of a turbo training tyre to replace my road tyre??

Many thanks

Comments

• bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    Well Artik,if you look in the general chat section on thisforum, you'll notice there is a thread called Turbo Trainer Training.some programmes are posted there already by some experienced people.
  • Here's a link to a BTA coach's web site: http://www.winterturbotraining.com/ . It's a guy who leads a series of winter training sessions with an emphasis on including turbo training. It looks like it's pretty much straight out of Joe Friel's The Triathlete's Training Bible (which, in my opinion, is a very good resource to be quoting from), and seems to have a decent amount of info for a free web site.

Also, the received wisdom is that it's a good idea to use separate tires (typically, cheap and cheerful, they don't need to be lightweight or high-tech) on the turbo, as there can be a lot of wear and tear, and it would be a shame to burn up a really nice racing tire.