Home Chat General Chat

Race belts

Rather new to all this. I am getting confused how to attach my race number securely to my race belt. Plus is it a case of rotating the belt when I change from bike to run?

Many thanks

Comments

• KarlOnSeaKarlOnSea Posts: 28
    Depends on the belt - some have popper things on, others have clips, and on others, you just use safety pins.

In most races, you get one number, which you wear facing behind you on the bike, and turn the belt round so that it faces front for the run.

Karl.
  • Simon63Simon63 Posts: 3
    Many thanks. The one I have, I understand holes are meant to be punched through at the corners! How can this be achieved without tearing/ripping?
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Hi Simon if you look on the ironman Switzerland thread and go to post 51 and for about the next 6 replies it will give you a number of answers to your question.I couldn't be bothered to rewrite my replies.Hope it helps.
  • Simon63Simon63 Posts: 3
    Thanks for the tips [:)]
  • bfd1964bfd1964 Posts: 2
    The www.fun2tri.co.uk events that I've done all included 2 numbers, with a race belt attached top left and right corner with a small safety pin (also provided), no need to twiddle anything.

Also, I found being not as slim as some of those fit skinny types, that its best to attach the number when the belt is stretched, I did a swim run over christmas and didnt, after about 30s the number ripped in one corner and flapped around for the duration of the run, which was a pain every time you go past a check point to hold the number so the marshall could record me going past!

But I wouldnt worry about it too much, there are a couple of other things that are more pressing.....
  • DermskiDermski Posts: 14
    Hey Simon63,

I usually put a little bit of Gaffer/duck tape in each corner on the back of my number to stop the number ripping, then pin it to my trisuit or punch a hole through it with scissors to attach it to the number belt.[:)]

Dermski