Home Chat General Chat

A winter lurgy

Just when you feel on top of the world, your winter training is going great, and you are shedding the xmas baggage, a lurgy hits. I'm sure we have all had it.

How do you carry on about your training regime? I tried running last night hoping it may make me feel a little bit better, instead I felt like death afterwards.

I am worried that if i don't keep up my training, that I am not going to be fully functional in a few weeks time, when I need to be.

Comments

• scott298scott298 Posts: 122
    I broke my foot in august and was out for 8 weeks!

when I started training again my fitness come back within a couple weeks.

in december I had a really bad cold and tried going out on my bike and had to turn back less than half way through my session. and as a result of going out with a cold my training wasn't the same for about 6 weeks!!!

in other words have a week off and see how you feel after that. just knock back the lemsips [;)]
  • learnerlearner Posts: 100
    RH912 how much do i not like you. no sign of a cold, sorry man flu, all winter i read your post and BANG snotsville, sore throat, head feels like it's going to pop the works.

i normally use (excuse the spelling) echenacia which normally keeps things on an even keel, stopped about a month ago, so there might be something in it.

Enjoy.

• Hi RH912

I am sorry to here about your brush with the winter lurgy, now you are going to hate me as i can not remember the last time i had a cold or any sniffys.

Keep well and train hard

• bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    Before, as a kid I was always having a cold year round. Later I was having several colds or runny noses during the year and almost every year the flu.Havent been sick in approx the last 10 months.

I changed one thing only: To bed on time; enough rest/sleep is crucial!!! This is a miracle cure for me. Maybe you should give it a try[X(][8|]