Home Chat General Chat

Sponsorship in amateur events, is it allowed?

I've been offered sponsorship by a local firm for this years season and was just wondering whether this is allowed in amateur events? They would like there logo etc on my tri suit.

Thanks guys

Comments

• BmanBman Posts: 442
    Ive seen people with personalised trisuits at many events,including some of the semi-pro's with sponsorship on, so Im sure it would be fine. Might be better to check the BTF website though or contact some of the race organisers to get a feel for the water.
  • Fox5Fox5 Posts: 21
    Yeah good call Bman, I've seen that sort of thing too. Thought I'd check here first though.
  • I am " sponsored" by Blueseventy, 2XU, Newtons, swim for Tri, Tri 24/7, Bridgtown cycles etc and I wear a TRi suit, cycling kit etc coveted in their names and I don't have any issues at all.

My situation is a little how shall I say, "unique" but as far as I'm aware its allowed. just e mail the race organisers of the events you want too enter.

Good luck and well done
  • QuitterQuitter Posts: 160
    The majority of our clothing and bikes are branded but i seem to remember its ok as part of club kit.

Well done on getting the support tho...just make sure you look after them! I've spent a lot of time with motorbike racers and its only recently that UK riders have learned from the US riders about PR.

Honestly...some of them thought they were doing you a favour by having you sponsor them! :roll:
  • nivaghnivagh Posts: 595
    Yup, sponsorship is allowed as far as I am aware. How would you racing in a suit with a logo be different from somebody racing in, say, a Nike tee shirt, or a replica team top?

If you get an AG place, there are specific ITU rules about what is and is not allowed - covering placement and size of logos, as well as how many different sponsors you are allowed.