Home Chat General Chat

Your Sports

I think i have a wierd mix.

Right now I enjoy Triathlon, Mixed Martial Arts and Brazillian Jui Jitsu.

What else other than dua/tri do you guys like?

Comments

• My mix is pretty boring: triathlon and weight-training.

Although I think I do a disproportionate amount of weight-training.
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    I used to do snow-boarding and skate-boarding, then combined it with weight-training, so it definately doesn't make sense does it.

Triathlon does it for me now, hopefully( i'm pretty sure) forever.
  • rpopper65rpopper65 Posts: 171
    Well, they're not sports necessarily (but then one could say that neither is weight training), but I like to do yoga and pilates alongside my triathlon training. Keeping the core muscles strong and maintaining flexibility has been a real bonus to my triathlon training.
  • pigletpiglet Posts: 86
    Yoga and pilates- go along with you there rpopper. I have noticed major benefit from doing these alongside trad tri training (not that I am running far yet). I do a lot of hiking- especially uphill- good for strength, fat burning and cardiovascular fitness (if tackling long hills). I have become a fan of the indoor rower as well- Concept 2 was bought for my husband but I love it. General gym work- weights, spin class, pump class. Mountain biking too when I get the weather for it! I'd like to take up roller blading (inline skating) but scared I'll fall, break something and then blow my season!![&:]
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    As they say in Ireland... Jaysis I thought every triathlete is a refugee from other sports and that's why its so good! I'm a sculler who needed a get out of jail free card - and that card was triathlon (At 39 years old after a great race where I finished 4th I realised I was getting beaten by guys 20 years younger than me and no matter how hard I trained I was never going to beat guys 20 years younger than me) I now seem to be ble to mix both
  • tarmping and underwater hockey [/align]