Home Chat General Chat
Options

Tacx Flow Over reads on power output

Though I would start a new thread for this one as Jack asked how much the flow overreads on someone elses thread and I didnt want to highjack that one!

I know that the flow definately overreads on its power output... how much depends on each individual one...

One friend has ran a rear wheel with a powertap SL hub on the Flow and hers overreads by 86W....

Another friend compared his flow with an SRM Crank and hes flow over read by 50 something.....

Now... Im not sure about mine... I will redo the MAP test using mine and see what max figures I do on there....

For the MAP test I did on Monday with a coach, I used the Tacx Cosmos.... This is the top model of turbos made by Tacx and is best part of £1000!!! Now this is as accurate as you will get with a Powertap or SRM Crank etc so pretty reliable figures.

On my Flow I can hold 350W for an hour, which gives me a 40k Time of around 55mins.... Now if I put out 350W on the road I would be nearer 50mins or even under...

Anyway I will post more once I do my MAP test again in a couple of weeks.

But at the end of the day it doesnt matter if the flow overreads by 400W longs that you always use the figures given on there you can still work out if your improving or not.... :) I dont race with power or Heart Rate so I dont really care what its overreading for training purposes im just interested in seeing how much it is actually out by!