Home Chat General Chat

passing time on the turbo

2»

Comments

• GHarvGHarv Posts: 456
    Spinervals are good www.spinervals.eu have a look and pck one that takes your fancy, Tough Love and Hillacious always seem to get mentioned as good ones.

Also i like What it Takes following 4 ironmen in the lead up to Kona 2005 - Blaise recomeneded it page one of this thread and i thought it was good.

I also tape the triathlons on TV then watch them on the turbo.

G
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    had a look at the site, seems a great site, but I think it's lots of money. Not for one dvd, but I suppose you need multiple dvd's , cause one will get boring if watched 2 or 3 times a week during winter!??

Will search for second hand on the net, Thanks,GHarv.

Also noticed a dvd there called Swimervals. Anyone used it before??
  • Hi Britspin

I live in Tamworth and have recently purchased a Turbo. Did Sprint Tris last year but fancy venturing into Olympic next year. I would love to join a coached session as I am not really sure what i should be doing with my turbo. Which Gym are the sessions at?

Helen
  • sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    still looking for that What It Takes DVD, can't find a UK based supplier anywhere...
    Got mine here:

http://www.o-donnells.com/shop/catalog/What-it-Takes-The-Documentary-p-432.html

Have watched it happily many times.

G
    ordered!
    Tried a training session from last months 220 for the turbo:

I found it quite useful and very entertaining; time passed by a lot faster then when you are just pedalling along all the time.

That reminds me: bad weather here in B. Could do a session this afternoon [image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m8.gif[/image]

• treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    I think that any structured session with music passes faster than the just do it sessions (60kM+ as fast as possible)- but I also think that the just do it sessions are excellent training for both body and mind
  • TeaJayTeaJay Posts: 29
    the better half just got me "have mercy" spinnervals. Its 2hrs long. i did 1hr 10mins of it on sunday and trust me the time flies by. i was dripping after 20mins, and litteraly flat on my back thereafter.

this thursdays plan is to get through the whole 2hrs...

I have to say i think the turbo and spinervals are probably my best purchase to date....

music is fine but you need to be doing some kind of intervals to get the most out of the turbo and also to keep the interest up too ! if you using music then why not altrnate the BPM of each tune to create your own interval system ? just an idea !

Great tip to pass time on the turbo: build your own shed while working out.

(could make it in the 'cut-cost' thread too I think). http://forum.220magazine.com/fb.asp?m=22540
    TeaJay wrote:

the better half just got me "have mercy" spinnervals. Its 2hrs long. i did 1hr 10mins of it on sunday and trust me the time flies by. i was dripping after 20mins, and litteraly flat on my back thereafter.

this thursdays plan is to get through the whole 2hrs...

I have to say i think the turbo and spinervals are probably my best purchase to date....

Did you get the full 2 hours already, TeaJay??

I have a few gift vouchers left (christmas and New Year is fun[8D]), am looking to spen them on a dvd to hype up the turbo sessions that become a little boring.

But the choice seems, after a little searching on the net and LBS, so overwhealming!!
    Benny,

Sweating buckets is a good 45 min workout but if your looking for a real workout think about Tough Love - 3 hours! Geared to ironmans etc.

Spinervals really do work i think i work harder on the turbo than on the road with these.

G
    Had enough of the cold lone garage.

I'm putting my foot down!!! I'm getting the turbo now and put it up in front of the tv right now.

And nobody will stop me from doing it! (yes, I am home alone[&:]) [:D]

Hope to do a serious session now that I have some boredom repeller!
    did a few turbo sessions in front of tv in last weeks. This defo helps pass time lot quicker.

Can't do it when others around in home though.(noise, lack of place, a 4 and 2 year old putting stuff in your spinning wheels,[:@][:D]......).

I'm doing the preset sessions(the ones from 220) still in the garage, where I can focus.
  • if you have wireless broadband and a lap top I find TopGear re runs on BBC iPlayer
  • Benny, I have tried absolutely everything to pass the time whilst on the 'devils road' that is the turbo trainer, TV, music, videos, audio books, spinerivals, DVD's of tour de France stages etc etc, and nothing makes it go faster than reading a book, that's if you can balance it on top of your tri-bars that is.

Books do get a bit knackered though due to excessive sweat absorption[:D]

• martyn837 wrote:
    I use music and use Spinervals on the laptop..!!

The Spinervals make it a good workout for me. Tried reading and just can't do it.
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    I did 80 minutes tonight with no computer for company, but had the ipod on shuffle blasting through speakers. I decided to make a prediction for the number of songs (I predicted 24 it was 26) Anyway it became asomewhat ridiculous as when I realised that I was not going to get the prediction correct I started to pedal faster. I think I thought that in doing this I could outride the time!

Maybe the turbo does effect some people

• graham33graham33 Posts: 265
    Yeah i bought the spinervals bending crank arms - Still no bending yet but It's good to work out to.

i put it on my ipod so I can watch it or just listern to it. Hard work!

Tri uk are doing a buy one get one free offer on Spinervals dvd's (i don't work there!)
  • graham33 wrote:
    Tri uk are doing a buy one get one free offer on Spinervals dvd's (i don't work there!)

Glad to hear it, I hope they have a good range, when I brought my original ones, I had difficulty finding places with them in stock, and generally ranges were small (rather than ones which you want).

Good for them.
  • I'll take some of that action, is it in-store only as I've searched the website and can't seem to find them listed.
    Ive been on their website too.... no sign!
  • sfuller wrote:

Ive been on their website too.... no sign!

I'm sure if you phone up and ask nicely...........