Home Chat General Chat

swimming golf

bennybenny Posts: 1,314
I'm practicing on technique mainly during the swim for now, after my video analasys I had done some time ago.

During my swim yesterday, I suddenly got the awkward feeling that everything was falling into place.

'Impossible', was my first thought (you know what they say about first thoughts). 'Let's check this' was the next one.

Did some lenghts counting strokes; my count got down from 17 to 15 (best efforts ever).

I thought, one can cheat counting strokes: long glides, more kicking,...

Let's try swim golf: got a score of 31 strokes over 42 seconds= golf score 73.

Does anybody know a site or have some info on swimming golf scores, how to get them down the easiest way(swim faster or swim better technique?)?

Tried the search here , but didn't find it.

Thanks,

Benny.

Comments

• agent_tiagent_ti Posts: 306
    maybe youre just getting better!

[:D]
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    agent_ti wrote:

maybe youre just getting better!

[:D]

IMPOSSIBLE!!!
  • Benny,

Perhaps the pool is getting shorter then? [:D]

Scotty
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Benny, I like the sound of this! I think koslis's link is very good as it describes how you set your own par score then do plus or minus scores from that... so maybe you'd expect to be under par for 2 repeats, but over par for say 10 repeats.

Anyway, is your score for a 25m pool? So.. 31 strokes, 42 seconds total 73 for 50m?

If we wanted to make it pool independent would it do any good to measure this per metre, then we can all compare scores!!! My pool is only 22m, so this is the only way I can think to join in and play golf with you...

Your per-metre score (assuming a 50m swim) would be 73/50 = 1.46

Now I'm really interested to see what I do. When I'm doing repeated 2's I do 13 strokes per length and 35s for two lengths (44m). This gives me a golf score of 26+35=61 and per metre this is 61/44=1.39

To be honest it is probably just fun to compare to each other over various times and distances. Speeds and stroke counts vary a lot and I'm not sure that you can say that one stroke is as important as one second. It is probably interesting as an individual to keep an eye on your 'golf score' though, especially for a beginner or improver (me) to see how it changes over a session as you get tired.

Nice idea. Thanks!
    Bopomofo wrote:

Benny, I like the sound of this! I think koslis's link is very good as it describes how you set your own par score then do plus or minus scores from that... so maybe you'd expect to be under par for 2 repeats, but over par for say 10 repeats.

Anyway, is your score for a 25m pool? So.. 31 strokes, 42 seconds total 73 for 50m?

Correct, 50m pool. The 42 seconds, 31strokes is my very best attempt though(not my standard average[:(]).

The golf challenge you perform is fun though, can keep each other motivated[image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m6.gif[/image].

Work on your biggest handicap(pun?[;)])
    BTW, thanks for the link , koslis.