Home Chat General Chat

Bike purchase advice

i am lucky enough to own both a road bike (focus variado with 105 ,upgraded wheels to dura ace c24) and a tt bike (Giant trinity alu ultegra and px guru 50's)but my wife has agreed i can purchase a new bike after xmas for upto £2000 my dilema is do i purchase a road bike (maybe canyon ultimate 9 with ultegra ) or a tt (maybe planet x exocet2 with dura ace) ,i mostly race olympic and have done 1 middle but planning on doing a 50/50 split of both ,would welcome any advice ,thanks in advance

Comments

• Felt B12 2014 - our suggestion at least. 

You would get a far, far better frame than on the Planet X with an Ultegra set up. For quality of build, development, spec etc it is tough to look past.

http://www.saddleback.co.uk/Felt-B12-2014

• Or go to a proper shop and they will allow (and in some cases push you) to take a test ride. 

• Dear Triathlets, 

do yourself a great favour and STAY AWAY from Exocet 2 as well as from Planet X. I had Exocet 2 frame which broke while training, luckily it was on home trainer. Exocet 2 has seat post clamp issue that loosens (original Exocet had issues with that part as well). Dealing with after-sale customer care is on primary school level or even worse...in short got my frame replaced by a scratched, damaged and not functional one. There were as well short plastic tubes running loose inside the frame (accordingly to customer care "current industry standard that protects frame"). Huge number of e-mails and waiting time of about 2 months, all due to number of people dealing with one issue, lack of internal information exchange and no idea about customer care. You will be better off to buy directly from Taiwan or China as this company has no added value! STRONGLY DISCOURAGE from buying products at Planet X!!!

• Felt B12 is a great one. I'd go for it