Home Chat General Chat
Options

7 Marathons in 7 Days Challenge

On 26th May I am attempting to run 7 Marathons in 7 Days with a chosen group of runners in a Challenge for 7 UK Charities. Every year since 2000 I have attempted some for of event challenge and have been fortunate enough to set a British Record and successfully complete each one. 

As all Ultra runners know, attempting such a Challenge as running 7 marathons in 7 days puts the mind and body to it's limits therefore I am seeking every bit of advice and help I can get to make this Challenge a success for the charities and for me and the small group I will be running with.

Currently I'm running 50+ miles per week and an extreme training schedule it is combined with stretching post runs and speeding up recovery with protein, nutrition and assisted massage, hydration etc. The training has been on-going for 6 months and I'd like to know what is too far or too little in terms of training. What other methods are good for recovery and repairing muscles. We have 16-17 hours to recover before each race and run, the final marathon is an Ultra 30 mile cross country over the Somerset Mendips.

The Ultra World is simply the best source for experience and such extremes such as this challenge and therefore hope some of you are able to provide some valuable tips. The details of 7 Marathons in 7 Days are available on http://jasonsmith.me.uk and my social twitter details are ChallengerWSM 

Many Thanks 

Jason Smith

Comments

• Options

Ice baths followed by compression wear, Compex / Firefly type electro stimulation are the only other things I'd potentially recommend. You sound as if you have most bases covered. Good luck