Home Chat General Chat

need help - inner tubes

without wishing to highlight my child like understanding of inner tubes/wheels - I had a puncture today - the inner tube has a valve extender - easily removed - however should you be able to take the screw bit out of the end of any valves to enable to use of an extender - or do you need special tubes - if special tubes which ones, if you can take the end out how?



  • bathtubbathtub Posts: 280
    Just to confuse matters

    You can different types of extenders.

    I've used Zipp extenders where you undo the valve then put on the extenders and keep the valve open all the time.

    I've also used Topeak extenders which you fit on the valve, there is a knob on the end of the extender which allows you to open and close the vale without removing the extender.
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Some extender units are provided with a small plastic clip,this unscrews the inner tube valve,screw in the extender,and then replace the valve top with the plastic clip.
    YouTube may assist in confusing matters,or go to your LBS and get the to give you a practical demo,unless it's Halfrauds,then just struggle on with trial and error,it's easier.
Sign In or Register to comment.