Home Chat General Chat

Ways to improve your ability to train

POST EXERCISE IMMUNOSUPPRESSION (P.E.I.S.)
My name is Colin Simpson and in my capacity as a student I am carrying out a research project aimed at highlighting the symptoms associated with P.E.I.S. and the preventative measures that can be taken. As a competing tri-athlete I am only too aware of the frustration of training hard for a long period of time only to be felled by some kind of bug just prior to your big event. It is my intention to share my findings with other tri-athletes so that they too can carry on competing in the toughest sport there is.
P.E.I.S is a condition that affects the immune system when the body is under great stress. During high levels of training the body releases more stress hormones such as cortisol and adrenaline and this can affect the ability of the immune system to work properly meaning that you become more susceptible to infections.
All of the data I collect will confidential and will be subject to the Data Protection Act 1984. I will also make all participants in my survey aware of my findings.
You will be taking part in this survey voluntarily and if you so wish withdraw from the survey at any time.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/DL69J8G