Home Training for a Triathlon

Run bra under suit?

Hi ladies, please help, i'm rather large up top (E cup) and wear an industrial-strength running bra (shock absorber ultimate running). What do big-boobed women do in triathlons? Do we wear a bra under swimming suit, under wetsuit? Three layers? Please help!

Comments

• risris Posts: 1,002

i'm not a large chested lady, but you're not the first person i've known to ask this and the answer often is to wear your preferred excellent supporting sports bra under the swim/trisuit (and therefore under the wetsuit). you'll not be in the wettie for long, and i think you'll appreciate the additional support by the time you get to the run

you won't be the only one doing this at a race i am sure! . 

obviously with triathlon you will need to make sure it all matches in terms of colour, correct amount of go-faster red highlights, carbon weave on the straps that sort of thing. 

• Thanks so much ris, good to know I'm not the only one! My first tri coming up so I have so many questions! thanks again x

• risris Posts: 1,002

ask away! we can all remember our first races and the odd things that feel really important (i was obsessed with how much food and water i'd need for a sprint race, and carried 2 water bottles and small picnic with me. now, a few years later, i'd save the picnic until after!).

where/which event are you racing?