Home Chat General Chat

Helmets

LindsLinds Posts: 124
Just a quick and probaly stupid question about helmets.

I have to take my helmet along to registration for the Bath Sprint to prove that it is SNELL / ANSI approved.

I have got a Giro Indicator helmet which I assume meets the above criteria, but rather foolishly I took out a couple of stickers out of it when i bought it and they only seemed to have the usual disclaimer on them.

Have I been a total tool (again) or will I be ok?

Thanks

Linds

Comments

• WannabetriWannabetri Posts: 219
    I have never seen any official check for these logo's or approved stamps. Just tend to look at it's overall condition and it's snugness! I'd be surprised if there was an issue, but maybe you'll just pick out the one official who is in the mood to ruin one person's day............ [image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m11.gif[/image]
  • hlidhlid Posts: 7
    Had a helmet check at an MK tri a couple of weekends ago, it was all very friendly and they were looking for the condition (cracks etc) and age. Even if you had an old one that needed changing I was told by the chap carrying out the checks that it would a case of advising you get a new one and not "you can't ride".

I have not met anyone in Triathlon yet who is there to spoil anyones day.

• LindsLinds Posts: 124
    All good stuff thanks for teh reassurance

I'm just getting nervous/paranoid about my first Tri

But I can't wait [:)]
  • Hi Linds,

I'm at bath this sunday doing the sprint if you wanna meet for a coffee and a chat?

Lee

• LindsLinds Posts: 124
    Hi Lee

Sounds good, but I'm not sure when I'm going to be getting there, as I am flying upto Liverpool after Saturdays registration for a wedding reception, then driving back down on sunday morning !

Not the best preparation in the world.

But perhaps we can meet up after the race if you are still about (I start at 1030) and I'm race number 173

Linds
  • I cant remember what my start time but I'll find out and get back to you. Hopefully we can catch up after the race,

Lee

• combatdwarfcombatdwarf Posts: 258
    I doing Bath too! How many of us are there competing this weekend....Hope to see one or two of you about if you have time

BWs

Iain.