Home Chat General Chat
Options

Thank you

1st tri completed at the weekend in Pwllheli and I'd like to say thank you to them for the organisation, running of, etc. I know I don't have a bench mark but I thought it all was very well done.

My respect goes to the lady of came off the bike and carried on with the run with a grazed face, the man who had a mechanical about 3 miles from the end of the bike section but jogged it in and completed the run but the biggest respect goes to the lady who went over the bars in front of the crowd at the end of the bike section. Made my efforts seem tame.

My other thank you is to all on this forum. I've asked a couple of questions / bits of advice and read dam near all the other posts and gleaned a hell of a lot of info that provided very usefull ranging from training tips to elastic laces to just enjoy it. Big thanks.

Finally...this is going to get costly...definately entering more than just the one I'm down for already so that will mean a wetsuit and definately new trainers and that bikes good but imagine my time if it were carbon.....

Comments

• Options
    ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Aha - another who has succumbed to the triathlon world and the lure of all things carbon

Well done.

Yes you will need all the bling gear and if you ask Conehead nicely he has some very good contacts.
  • Options
    BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    First off well done!

Good to know the forum helped as well.

From time to time you will see people pick themselves up off the rtoad and still complete! Those are the true heros and heroess's of triathlon at grass roots. I tip my hat them and always offer any help. i have stopped and gioven tubes and co2 to athletes during races before. What comes around goes around I hope. I may need it one day!!!