Home Chat General Chat

Trisuit for the taller athlete ??

Has anybody got any suggestions for a good quality tri suit for somebody who is :- 6ft4" (40inch Chest, 32inch Waist) I don't really want to go the 2 piece route!

Comments

• Depends on where you need the Extra length ?

Legs or torso ?
  • It's in the body !!
  • Er no idea - but have you, I don't know, been and tried any on ?
  • TrisurferTrisurfer Posts: 228
    That's an helpful answer

I'm sure if you he posted a thread called sarcasm required you'd have field day.
  • I'm not being funny but if he said he hasn't tried any on then id suggest him to do so.

If he has tried 2XU, skins and orca for example and none of them fitted then that's a starting point.

Its a bit of an open question much like " what wheels shall I get"

So many variables - if you want a sensible answer then I'd say Champ systems or Skins tri suit.

But then that might not be in his budget- I'll be sure to try harder next time
  • Now, Now Chaps

No I haven't tried any suits on yet, I was hoping somebody with similar dim's maybe able to point me in the right direction (Which brands tend to be long etc) Budget is £60 - £90 but not sure I'm going to be able to let cost drive me selection due to my unique-ish !! size
  • 2XU
  • mulemule Posts: 8
    I'm 6ft 7 and have a 46 chest and 35 inside leg, about 98kg.I've found that I can fit in Orca's biggest one piece for the core basic same with the 2XU elite.

What i recommend is that you try them on before u buy, its easier for smaller athletes to buy online but when your at the end of the spectrum its always best to see if u can fit in it and be comfortable in it.

Also remember....it aint right if it aint tight!!!!

Peace
  • Cheers for all the help !!

The answer is : Blue seventy size large (The helpfull people @ Royles Wilmslow sortted it) and you were all right, trying on as many brands as poss, is the only way.

JP
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    I was going to say Imp Sport, have heard that they can adjust their standard suits
  • vix1987vix1987 Posts: 11
    Following on from this can anyone recommend a shop in the sussex area where i could try on some suits?

I ordered a 2xu off the tinternet and i could not squeeze into it so will defo need to try some on... is there any makes i should i avoid? i have more of an hourglass shape instead a height issue..
  • TRIumphantTRIumphant Posts: 850
    Have a look at a two piece in lieu, overcomes any issues with 'cameltoe'
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    vix1987 wrote:
    Following on from this can anyone recommend a shop in the sussex area where i could try on some suits?

I ordered a 2xu off the tinternet and i could not squeeze into it so will defo need to try some on... is there any makes i should i avoid? i have more of an hourglass shape instead a height issue..

If you are going anywhere near thge southwest on Hols or something then a Trip to TriUK would give you all the trisuits you could ever want to try on. They are in Yeovil Somerset. Thats my neck of the woods so cant help with sussex. but everyone at some point comes this way as its almost mediterain in its climate (once a think)

If not then I can offer this advice, you go get what you pay for so the cheap ones are so great. They dont last as long. I would also avoid white!!!! And the stickers/logo's apparently wash off the Orca ones quickly.

There is a load of mileage in what they say "try before you buy"

Good luck.