Home Chat General Chat

Turbo Trainer or Spin Bike?

I sometimes find it difficult due to childcare/bad weather to get out to train I am considering getting a Turbo trainer but am wondering whether it would be a better idea to get a good quality spin bike? My concern is the hassle of connecting it to my road bike (I only have 1) and the damage/wear a turbo trainer causes? Any thoughts would be appreciated

Comments

• I'd be interested in what people think about this too

• risris Posts: 1,002

i'd opt for the turbo - you'd be riding your actual bike that way. not sure about potential wear and tear on the bike, you can do some things to mitigate that (turbo wheel and tyre, for example). 

• I've lot a turbo specific tyre, but is there any other wear I should be aware off?
  • Lisa GLisa G Posts: 29

Hi Nicola73, I got a turbo trainer for Christmas and it is really easy to fit my road bike to. Its just a case of swapping the back wheel skewer to the one that came with the TT and putting it into the bracket of the TT.  My main problem is that when I turn my back, my other half has swapped my bike for his - starting to wonder if it was a Christmas gift for me or him

• Hi, Thanks for your advise, I think I'll get a Turbo Trainer!

Nicola