Home Gear Triathlon Gear


I've got some cool looking Sunwise polycarbonates but they condense up due to the corrective insert. There must be other myopics out there. What do you use? Same goes for goggles - wasn't concerned in the pool but as I want to get into open water, I'd prefer to see where I was going. Any advice gratefully recieved!


  • I use Leeda goggles with corrective lenses for pool / open water training cost £30, but Speedo do some as well.


    then run/cycle change into sunglasses with a corrective plastic insert in front of the shaded lens from Optilabs (usually advertise in 220 in the summer).

    My lens will only mist up if I stop for long periods of time.

    I hope that helps

  • doogledoogle Posts: 58

    I know the opticians out there will say don't do it but i wear contact lenses for the full thing. I use Speedo Rift mask style goggles and then Bloc or oakleys on the bike to keep the wind etc. out. Never had a problem with doing this.

  • Jamie220Jamie220 Posts: 168

    Hi Laparotastic, you might like to check this out for some tips:


  • orayner15orayner15 Posts: 2
    Contact lenses are the answer. As long as you have well fitting goggles swimming is no problem. It's still a novelty being able to see where I'm going! You can then get a reasonably priced per of shades that will work for the bike and run. I use monthly lenses except for the days I open water swim when I use a daily pair. Never had a problem.
Sign In or Register to comment.