Home Chat General Chat

Tri bar question

I've had a problem with the position of my tri bars. My elbows are currently not on the pads, with my forearms resting on them. Plus, the bar length is also too long. I know I could get the bar cut shorter but this wouldnt resolve the pad position.
Do any tri bars allow the pad position to be altered forward and back? If so, can anyone recommend any?
Cheers

Comments

• garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    Hi Belfield88

I don't know what tribars you have but I can make a few comments.

Firstly, my forearms lest on the pads and that just the way I like it, I think that may be the idea? But can't be sure, it's always the way I have ridden and feels right to me. Others may be able to confirm.

I have some profile design bars and they are fully adjustable in every way, so I can move the bar forward or back, and move the pads forward or back on the bars too. Of course, as they are separate bars, I can move them closer together or further apart, and even twist them individually, so the angled part where your hands go can be adjusted to suit. So there are bars out there that will suit you I guess?

Check yours out some more to see if you're able to move the pads up and down the bars......then move the bars forward or back on the handlebar.....
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Slightly puzzled by your quandary,
    plenty of bars on the Market,the more expensive give the better range of adjustment.
    The problem may not lie with the bars themselves but with your headstem,or you may just have to shorten/lengthen your arms.
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    the better question would be before advising was to know what type of bars you had..
  • TRIumphantTRIumphant Posts: 850
    Elbows should be just off the pads, the pads are for your forearms