Home Chat General Chat

Anyone reccomend a tri club near Huddersfield?

Hi being fairly new to this sport and there seems to be a few clubs in the area so personal reccomendations would be appreciated.

I'm signed up for my first tri on June 28th at Scissett, it's a sprint distance and figured joining a club would motivate me and give my training a structure as I'm hopeless by myself.

Thanks [:D]

Comments

• triNicktriNick Posts: 14
    Hi being fairly new to this sport and there seems to be a few clubs in the area so personal reccomendations would be appreciated.

I'm signed up for my first tri on June 28th at Scissett, it's a sprint distance and figured joining a club would motivate me and give my training a structure as I'm hopeless by myself.

Thanks

Welcome to the sport Rockmonkey. Sorry, I can't recommend a tri club in the area since I'm in the US but I would definitely pick one and join. Having training partners is great and it helps with the motivation.

You probably are aware of all of the tri clubs in the area, but if not take a peak at this.

http://www.trimapper.com/clubs_eu/index.htm?cntry=uk

Best of luck,

• Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    I'm in Leeds Bradford Tri club. I've only been in one, so can't say how it compares. But it is quite large, the coaching is good (there are some good people on the staff). It has all the affiliations you need for Running/Cycling (well, nearly all). Everybody I've met has been very friendly. However, I'm away a lot/injured, so I've not had as much contact as I would have liked (only joined this year). The strip is Red and Black - which, apparently, will make you go a lot faster.

The OW swim is at Otley - that might be a bit of a trek.

But there is the Calderdale one which is perhaps nearer. I've never met anywhere from that club, so I can't really comment.

Look on the BTF web site - there is a ranking system for clubs - well, star marks or something - you really want to be looking for a good coaching programme.
  • FELLRUNNER2FELLRUNNER2 Posts: 21
    Hi Rockmonkey

Wakefield Tri Club, It's just 8 mile down the road from the Scissett baths at Pugneys water sports centre, open water swimming on Sat and Sunday 9 till 10 plus other sessions

Also Scisset baths has a 'coached' Tri swim training on wednesday nights 8:30 till 9:30

Best of luck

• Try the Holmfirth Harriers. They have a bunch that train for Tri. The website only mentions juniors but there also seniors who attend.

Monday nights at the Holmfirth Pool is tri training, come along and we can point you at someone in the know.
  • RockmonkeyRockmonkey Posts: 14
    Thanks everybody [:)] Certainly food for thought. Will have a look at websites and decide from there based on training session times as I work shifts.

Good luck for all events you have planned