Home Gear Triathlon Gear

Roka R1 Google Lenses?

I wondered if anyone had any thoughts on the best lense for the below?

http://www.rokasports.com/products/r1-goggle

Tossing up between Dark Amber Mirror or the Cobalt.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Hi Tom, 

This is Art from ROKA. It all depends where you are swimming. Cobalt is a great tint for swimming in the ocean. The Dark Amber mirror is great for transition light and direct sun. If you would like to talk a little bit more about it, you can give me a call at 720-924-7129. I will be glad to help you get the right tint.

Best, 

Art

• Hi Tom, 

This is Art from ROKA. It all depends where you are swimming. Cobalt is a great tint for swimming in the ocean. The Dark Amber mirror is great for transition light and direct sun. If you would like to talk a little bit more about it, you can give me a call at 720-924-7129. I will be glad to help you get the right tint.

• Art Almeida wrote (see)

Hi Tom, 

Best, 

Art

Thanks! So basically, I am in AU, Sydney. Some image examples below of the type of Tri's I would be doing in the R1's:
    husky tri swim
    forster tri swim
    batemans bay tri swim
    nowra tri swim
    An opinion on the best lenses would be greatly appreciated!

• Hi Tom,

It seems like they are all ocean swims. The dark amber or dark vermillion will work great there. Also the Jade Mirror, that tint is pretty great, a little like the cobalt but with a mirror for help with the sun.

Best, 
    Art

• I was wondering whether light grey would be too dark for an early morning tri in UK when predicting the weather is difficult?