Home Chat Race Chat

Slateman - 1st timer advice

Hi

after some advice please I'm doing my first triathlon on this Sunday's slatman event. Training has gone fine but but really nervous about what the process is before the race And any help would be appprecitaed. Unfortunately I can only travel over from the Wirral on the Sunday morning and will be on my own.

do people usually register before taking their kit down to transition to set up and get changed or any help with some do & donts beforehand would be really appreciated. Thanks In advance.

dave

Comments

• I did Always Aim High Snowman last year so guessing it will be on a very similar style. 

1 - Register and get your number (you will need this to get into transition)

2 - find a good location to set up in transition. lay out everything you will need in both transitions.

3 - know the in and out routes for both transitions.

4 - get yourself ready, listen to the pre race brief, and get into the water plenty early to acclimatise yourself to the water pre race, and i imagine it will be cold!!

5 - you will need your number to get into transition at the end to get everything back!

6 - ENJOY!