Home Chat General Chat

DIET

Hi,

anyone got any doet tips?!

Don't think i'm consuming enough good food in the day and when it comes to training of an eve, i suffer!

Any help and advise would be good!

[:D]

Comments

• TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    I make sure i have loads of complex carbs through the day, these dont elevate my insulin levels too much and dont provide me with just a short term energy boost, i find when it comes to training in the evening I have lots of energy.

Im a day I will get this into my diet - 2 portions of weetabix, 1 bowl of porridge, 1 can of baked beans, a couple of slices of wholemeal bread, 3 portions of mushy(marrowfat) peas, maybe some brown pasta.

The last one is my obsession, marrowfat peas are the best meal you can get with the perfect amounts of complex carbs/proteins and fats in. But because they take so long to prepare (overnight soak), I make up a huge batch to last me for 3-4days. I swear by these things, as they give me the energy for training, whilst reducing my starchy carbs intake which could cause me to put on fat and screw up my insulin levels.
  • epacseepacse Posts: 92
    hi tommi...thanks for this!

Makes lots of sense!

Peas hey, i'll give them a go!

I have oats for breakfast, and then try have some protein, brown pasta,chicken,some carbs, wholemeal bread and then plenty of fruit!

But i think that it's the afternoon where i strugle, so come training time, i'm feeling pretty flat!!

[:@] makes me mad that i take time to get going, and at the moment, i've started Brick training and the other night, cycled for 24k straight off onto the run, and felt my legs seizing up and my top half going tight, my arms of all things!!

[:'(]