Home Training for a Triathlon
Options

adductor vs abductor strength ratio

hi,

After 4 years of triathlon, i have endured several injuries. Shinsplints, iliotibial friction syndrome, rupture in quad, inflamation of patella tendon, ... Name it and i had it.

In order to avoid more injuries in the season 2017, i'm hitting the gym (not pokemon-related).

I did a 1RM test.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030584/uploads/Images/17584.png

Remark: my leg extension is only my left leg, due to a rupture in my right quad... 

I found out that my adductors are very weak. Nothing new on the horizon, i already knew i couldn't break a coconut between my legs. As i thought the adductors are always weaker that abductors, i was surprised to see that in the gym, both machines went to the same 80KG max. It made me wonder if it was correct that adductors are always a bit weaker than abductors.

I did some research, and now i notice that it should be the other way around. Adductors should be stronger than abductors...

i read a ratio 1/1,5 (abd/add), and also stumbled upon below article:

http://www.sciedupress.com/journal/index.php/jbei/article/download/7798/4922

it also suggests a 1/1.2 - 1/1.6 ratio

this leads me to a few questions:

- is this caused by sports like triathlon?
- should i keep training both adductor and abductor? or should my focus be te narrow the gap between the 2? (which will not work if i keep training my abductors)
- at which RM% do you guys train? i read articles stating 30-40%, other ones stating 50-60% and even 80% ... and yes, all for triathletes... Would the combination of these trainings be the most interesting? or is it time-driven? first 30-40% for a month, afterwards 50-60% for a month, and so on?
- are there other significant strange things in my 1RM, similar to my 1/0.5 ratio of abductor/adductor? Some other things which i should have a big focus on?

if relevant: i allready performed an ironman and i'm planning another one in 2018. 2017 will contain a few 1/4 and a few 1/2 triathlons...

thanks a lot in advance.

Kind regards!