Home Chat Race Chat

Middle distance recommendations

Hi there. Like a few other posts on here I'm looking at stepping up to a middle distance tri next year. I am currently considering Hever Castle Gauntlet (I did the swim stage of this last year as a relay and enjoyed it) or Holkham Half Outlaw. (Norfolk=flat) I haven't found much out about the experience of the Holkham race so wondered if anyone had done it and A) rated it B) had any thoughts for a first timer.  

I'm based in the South East and any other suggestions would be good especially for someone who is not looking to compete but complete.

Cheers

Comments

• Andrew4Andrew4 Posts: 190

OSB put on a great race - the original Outlaw Half is fantastically organised (I did it this year) the only turn off on that race being the horrific road quality.  Assuming the same organisational skills go to Holkham (no reason to suspect otherwise) I am sure it will be a great race.

I would also recommend the Grafman, is decently flat (bike has a rep for being lightening) and well supported, the run is two laps but it bufferflies out from transition so you swing back through the support in the middle of each lap as well as at the start and finish.

The Owler in Kent is the Tri England National Champs is a good sign that the race will be well run and well supported which always helps.