Evaluate my IM build-training plan for 2018 season (feel free to copy)
I am planning my 2018 season training and would like some feedback. My goal is to qualify for Kona. I work a full time desk job (no kids) so i want to get the most out of my training. When i designed this plan my thoughts were:
1) This is a bulid fase program (from october - april) aiming for an IM in mid july.
2) Use polarized training (Holfelder B et al. Polarized training: eine systematische Übersichtsarbeit. Swiss Sports & Exercise Medicine, 2016;64(2):44-50)
3) have an 80/20 easy/intensity distribution in the training over all. (When including Strength training i almost hit this mark, 74/26).
4) To improve in a disciplin I figurer i would need at least three sessions per disiplin. One long and steady, one "normal" easy, one high intensity.
5) In a build fase i have included two sessions of strength training were focus will be core stability, leg strenth (squats, calf lift, lunges, explosivenes (jumping). When the season is closer i will continue with one strength session
My restrictions are
a) i can only get in 1h training in the morning on week days due to my job
b) i dont think my body can handle more than 17-18h of training.
c) i assume i will not be able to complete all the sessions in the program every week. When i miss a session it will give me some extra recovery time. (what i like to call "sosial periodization")
d) i live in Norway so all cycling will be done on a turbo (therefore no 6h long weekend rides)
Any feedback is welcome! Feel free to copy me traing plan for personal use