Home Chat General Chat

IM Timing Chip.

I was wondering if anyone else is having the same problem as me - a couple of weeks ago I received a registered letter from IMUK saying that I hadn't returned my timing chip for Ironman 70.3 at Wimbleball earlier in the year and stating that I either had to return it or pay them £50. What actually happened was that as soon as I crossed the finishing line at Wimbleball my timing chip and strap was taken off my ankle by one of the race officials (that is the last I saw of it). I have tried explaining this to IMUK (and have also stated that the timing chip is of absolutely no use to myself) but at present they are saying that unless I return the chip or pay £50 I will no longer be able to enter any furhter IM events. Can anybody remember if their chips were removed by an official at the end of their race. And is anyone else experiencing the same problem as myself. Thanks.

Comments

• jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Hi,I did not enter the 70.3 ,but at previous HIMUK the timing chip was removed by a marshal at the finish.But 50 quid seems a lot of money,at other IM events you get the chance to purchase the chip or return it minus a users fee about 15 quid.Best of luck fighting the system if you fail you can always change your name.