Home Chat General Chat

Swim Coach help!

Hi,

I have recently moved up to leeds, but I have so far not been able to find a new swim coach! Does anyone know of anyone who coaches in this area, or a website or something I can find one from! I am at an intermediatish level so I don't mind paying a bit more for a quality coach!

I have already been told to go to masters swimming at the aquatics centre, but I was trying to find someone for private lessons.

Thanks

Tommy

Comments

• AbiBAbiB Posts: 8
    Don't waste money on a swim coach - get hold of as many copies of 220 as poss and follow the progressive and style-specific swim articles as poss. I was unable to swim more than 2 lengths of freestyle until 4 years ago when I decided I wanted to 'nail' a triathlon. ... after a few months of following the drills & training sessions in 220 the mile distance 'clicked' and now I'm focussing on long distance open water.

Seriously - the underwater photography and examples can't be matched by someone simply 'telling' you what to do from the side. Go for one or two sessions for confirmation that you're doing the right thing but you'll gradually feel yourself improving if you take 220's word for it. Sounds corny but I learnt to swim properly with just words and pictures!
  • HarryDHarryD Posts: 425
    Moved to Leeds & can't find a swim coach? Leeds is full of the best.

Try googling 'thetriathloncoach.com'