Home Chat General Chat

arbroath area

i live in arbroath and am wondering is there anyone in this area who is into triathlons as i am taking it up next year and would like a few pointers

cheers

Comments

• dee999dee999 Posts: 41
    hi pcoops!

welcome to the world of tri.......!

my hubby and i live in aberdeenshire (yes i know it is 1.5 hours from your area!), but we took up tris this year, and there are a good few in the north east of scotland. The fleet feet triathletes web page is good for the stonehaven/laurencekirk area- they have quite a few tris, and we took part in the mph/tri changing gear series, which usually starts in may and finishes at end of sept.They have events in turriff,westhill,inverurie,alford and huntly-they are very well run and perfect for newbies (short/super sprint distances, sprint distances and an olympic distance in huntly)

everyone is very friendly and you will find out about these events on the aberdeenshire council sports and recreation page.they are currently doing a winter duathlon series which starts in january (bike and run if you are interested).i think i have seen something in your area-at monikie i think they have a winter duathlon series.

we tend to look up the www.born2run.co.uk page as it has all the up and coming events ranging from running to cycling, duathlons, triathlons etc, and has details of how to enter etc!

just go and enjoy yourself-we do!![:)]

good to hear from a fellow scot!! and all the best!