Home Chat General Chat

Puncture solutions

As race season is now upon us all i was wondering what people carry in the way of quick puncture repair during races.

Have seen lots of different pumps,co2 cylinders and foam that just gets squirted in, but cant decide whats best.Any advice will be of great use.

[:o]

Comments

• TTX PROTTX PRO Posts: 225
    I dont use any.I just use tyre that have kevlar protection.Contis tend to be best.
  • MGMG Posts: 470
    All I carry is a spare tube, a mini pump and a speed lever which takes old tyre off and puts it back on in a jiff (no dislocated thumbs). Also plenty of practice at whipping old tube out and new one in is recommended. Shouldnt lose too much time really. Commuting to london every other day (40 mile round trip) has given me shedloads of (unwanted) practice at roadside repairs, getting 'em in a race is just one of those things......[:@][;)] (but i echo TTX PRO, I can strongly recommend conti ultra gatorskin tyres for puncture protection)
  • pacmanpacman Posts: 109
    I've seen loads of people get punctures on race days but luckily it's never happened me on the day - although I have got my fair share on training spins. I agree with the lads that contis offer good protection, but also I think that a check of tyre pressures before the race is very importnat. Tyres can lose up to 20 psi over night - more if the bike is left racked out in the cold - higher psi offers more protection. Also I have practiced changing tubes using a CO2 cylinder. After a couple of bad experiences including letting it off in my face I got it right, so practice before race day.
  • First timerFirst timer Posts: 139
    Many thanks for all the advice i think the way to go is kevlar lined no worries at all then.Off to my local shop to see what he can do for me.O[;)]oNCE AGAIN MANY THANKS[;)]