Home Chat General Chat

Race results?

jon_gjon_g Posts: 318
Anybody race this weekend? if so, where? what distance? and, most importantly, how did you do??

i raced the Big Cow sprint tri at Emberton park, really good event, well organised. i love it, i've done it the past 3 years. i came 39th in my agegroup (out of 152) and did a PB of 1:13. very pleased with myself![:)]

Comments

• JonhinioJonhinio Posts: 289
    Did Eton SuperSprint on Saturday. First ever. 1 hour 16 and the all important 29 seconds.
  • jon_gjon_g Posts: 318
    well done Jonhinio! are you now hooked?
  • alexhalexh Posts: 2
    I did the Eton Sprints on Sunday. Great day - when the weather is good, Dorney lake is fantastic for the family. My daughter did the Scootathlon and loved it. I did the sprint straight afterwards and just beat 1 hour 11 minutes from my watch - they haven't posted the results yet.

I did the event last year for my first ever Tri - and remember being stunned at the number of triathletes around. I love the organisation at this event - and the family interest is briliant. I was discussing it with my daughter and suggesting she could bring one of her friends next year. She said "I don't think so - they're not as sporty as me." Job done.

Windsor next - I felt like the sprint wasn't too difficult after completing 2 olympics last year - but I'm praying Windsor is not as hot this year as people say it was last year. I don't like running in the heat! I better step up the training....
  • Did the eton super sprint on sat. Pulled a calf muscle on the second lap of the run, hobbled around , rather have a bad time than a DNF. Thanks to everyone who gave me encouragement whilst I had a face like thunder. especially the lady who offered me a piggy back!! Hopefully Blenheim will be problem free.
  • JonhinioJonhinio Posts: 289
    Definitely hooked. Want to do one more sprint before the end of September. Well done to everyone else
  • I kicked off my tri career finally...one year late 9due to injury). did the Darlington Sprint tri. Finished in 1.31. Finally, I can justify belonging to a triathlon club. Loads of events booked for the rest of the season with half an eye on next year already. I'm hooked alright!
  • also did eton on saturday my first event ,1 hour 12 really loved next time i wont spend as long drying my feet and putting socks on in transition...
  • WannabetriWannabetri Posts: 219
    Also did Eton on Sunday. Managed to haul myself around in 1:08:47 (tbc vby the website yet). Hadn't run much due to an ankle injury so blitzed the swim and bike, and trotted round the run.

Blenheim next to me, and the aim is to do more running now! [image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m6.gif[/image]
  • gaterz1981gaterz1981 Posts: 233
    1st triathlon, Taunton deane novice,

200m swim 3.38

12k bike 31.02

2.5k run 13.53

Enjoyed the swim, died in the ride and was pleased to be out of pain on my v s..l..o..w run. Came 6th overall and was 3rd fastest senior male.[:)]. Transitions went like a dream thanks to the number belt and elastic laces. Room for improvement on most areas but aint there always!!
  • stevsterstevster Posts: 73
    Ok I didn't do a triathlon but did do a half marathon in Chester as part of my training for the Trenthan sprint in July.

Didnt know what to expect as only really run 6 to 7 miles in training.

Quite happy with 1.34.00, feeling it today though[&:]
  • Did the dorchester sprint

400m swim 6;47

15 mile cycle (cycle time wasn't registered)

4 miles (not very accurate) 23 mins and summut!

My total time was 1hr 14

My time would have looked better had i not missed an arrow and taken a needless 2 minute detour!!!

still pleased though as it was first race this season.

London next... cant wait!

• Eton sprints on Sunday. Still waiting for the results and forgot to stop my watch at the finish line so I'm still not sure whether I was just over or just under 1:10 - fervently hope it's the latter.... As Alex said, an excellently organised event. As soon as they're old enough, my daughters are definitely entering the scootathlon - then it'll be 3 triathletes to 1 in the house and I'll finally have a majority!
  • jon_gjon_g Posts: 318
    Wow! well done everyone! some very good results![:D]
  • 1:10:06. Alas, 7 seconds away from breaking the 1:10 barrier - just have to do it again next year...

Oddly, my T1 was much faster than I remember and the bike was slower than I thought. Goes to show how time is actually passing alot slower than you think while you struggle to pull the wetsuit off for what feels like hours.