Home Chat General Chat

Rookie Training Days reviewed on tri247.com and in Triathletes World

For any Rookies out there its well worth it - I went on last Sundays and got loads out of it. Sixty quid for over 2 hours OW swimming tuition from Rick Kiddle, plus all the other stuff thrown in (wetsuit fitting, T1 & T2 practice, swimming technique, bike maintenance & handling, nutrition advice).

I'd never swum in open water before, but found out it's great fun and now feel totally at ease with it.

Comments

• garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    I couldn't agree with MrSquishy more.....it was another great day in my tri life so far!

First OW swim for me too, and doing it with a guy like Rik Kiddle put all of us totally at ease.

If you are wondering where to spend your next £100 on tri-gear, my advice would be to give the carbon bling a miss for now and get on these training days, the transition coaching alone will save you more time than any amount of aero-carbon-woolly-naked-black stuff!

Oh - and you'll get free RED BULL all day too :)

Oh - and if Mr. Conehead himself is there you might be able to get a signed copy of his book :)

Oh - and you get a free bag with lots of SIS nutrition stuffed in :)

I've finished now.

Best regards

Training Day Promotions Limited
  • BlurredgirlBlurredgirl Posts: 292
    Sounds very good indeed.

Really, really want to do at least one of the long distance days at Reading. Spare cash is a huge issue this year, but if I earn any pocket money this month, that's where it's going to go. Still have this daft idea of doing a 70.3 next year.

blurredgirl

• diddsdidds Posts: 655
    Blurredgirl wrote:

Still have this daft idea of doing a 70.3 next year.

Me too BG. The long distance days are a "want" for me too on this basis but out of work for 3 months at the moment so probably no training days this year for me :-(

didds

• andyb99andyb99 Posts: 229
    Hi Darren, really enjoying your book by the way, just reading it now.

will i benefit from one of your days if i've already done a tri....i mean i'll know what to expect but i'd like to attend so you can maybe help me out with an accurate training plan....i dont want to win a tri, or even come close to the front....but i want to build up to a sprint tri and then maybe even next year an OD (lol...yeah right)

• Ron99Ron99 Posts: 237
    Any firm plans for rookie 2 in reading yet chief?
  • EdstgEdstg Posts: 83
    if you were serious about wanting me to do a Q and A session then i would be more than happy to help. let me know. if you were joking then i feel like a prat.
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    Conehead,

Any plans for a Scottish Rookie Training Day yet?

S11