Home Chat General Chat

Bananaman Tri

Hey guys and gals,

Anybody doing the Bananaman at Dorney Lake tomorrow???

Comments

• WannabetriWannabetri Posts: 219
    Me. And I was there!!! Little late, but only just caught up on my e-mails!!! [image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m9.gif[/image]
  • ashthetashashthetash Posts: 164
    I was there as well. Ended up 310th in 2:05 53. My swim was awful I ended up doing breast stroke most of the way to the first bouy at the beginning and my goggle slipped round my neck when I dived in at the start of the second lap. Only my second open water swim and in T1 I sat down for a few seconds. It was that or fall down! Still only took 2:16 Cycle was good (for me) even though I shipped my chain at the start of the third lap. The run wasn't too bad once I got into it.

I got to meet swimming tucker afterwards. always good to put faces to names.

How did the rest of you do?
  • stevedavis82stevedavis82 Posts: 110
    I did ok I think. Finished with a 1hr 55mins time (some seconds too). Was my 2nd Tri ever and my 1st open water swim. No practice just got stuck in!! Found the swim hard with a 17min time, bike leg clocked 58mins and a 36min run. Need to up my run leg as was disappointed with that.

Finished 166th overall so not bad really. Think i cold get quite compettitive once i lose my excess weight (former rugby player).....still lost over 20kg in 6 months, only another 10 to go!!!!

• garydee77garydee77 Posts: 63
    what was the distances for this Tri?
  • stevedavis82stevedavis82 Posts: 110
    3/4 Olympic Distance - 800m Open Swim, 30km Bike, 7.5km Run.

Good event, especially for London!! Recommend it as a venue to race.......events coming up soon. check out F3 Events for more info.
  • garydee77garydee77 Posts: 63
    yeh sounds a nice distance alright!
  • Hi there,

Rule number 1 - always wear a watch and time yourself.

Probably first time I havent and- of course - timing system didnt work properly- only got swim time right. Anyone else have this problem?? Have had assurance from H.Race that they are on the case. Still - about 1:38-1:39 ish.

Also to the guy that averaged over 40km/h on the bike - might want to overhaul your lap counting mechanism.

Not having a rant really as it was a great day with heaps of spectators.

Will do next yr (and wear a watch!!)

E.T
  • jon_gjon_g Posts: 318
    Do you think someone wouldnt be able to average 40km/h? every tri i've done this year there's been at least one person who has averaged more than that on the ride....
  • WannabetriWannabetri Posts: 219
    I raced and managed a good 1:44:52. 44th out of everybody and 9th in my age-group. Best finish yet although my sucky run of 37min is going need to get chopped. Like stevedavies i need to shed some kilo's. I don't think 102kg can be considered a race weight.

My bike was 51:18 and could well believe that someone else could put in a sub 45min cycle in those conditions. (A light someone with huge power!!! [image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m9.gif[/image])

Loved the course, and it's great for the family who get to see you loads!
  • Yeah jon_g,

couldnt agree more that over 40k/hr is possible on any flat course. Although I see the next quickest solo time fo rthe race was some 4minutes slower!!!!!

problem is - that person started over 3min behind me post swim- and was somehow 1st in transition - about 2min in front of me. Now, with only 2 teams from the next wave passing me during the ride im not sure how this could physically be possible???

Didnt really want to go into the whole explanation as that person knows what happened --or didnt, but wouldnt want anyone on here thinking i was questioning peoples ability.

I just feel bad for the guys who got 2nd 3rd and 4th(prizes for 1st-3rd). Dont worry - I was NOT one of them with my walking type of running style.

This is the end of my ranting - hey the weather is f**%$#@ great, hope everyone is getting in good milage.

hasta luego,

E.T
  • Hey AshtheTash

Nice to hear from you in the virtual world. Pleasure of meeting you was all mine!! Everyone, can vouch for the fact that "AshtheTash" does his name proud with his facial hair[:D]. He does not need steerers on his bike with that handlebar growth. Oh by the way Ash, lost a good 10 sec. myself recovering my goggles, after my beautiful swan dive...