Home Chat General Chat

HRM's

Looking to get a new HRM and would like to get one that is not only functional but has a few bells and whistles on it also. Any thoughts.

Comments

• stevedavis82stevedavis82 Posts: 110
    Polar RS200 is good, medium level watch...with footpod etc. Training zones, speed, distance, calories etc
  • so the rs800 is a bit excesive would you say? friend going to America shortly so not a lot in the price is it worth it?
  • SamutriSamutri Posts: 143
    I've got the RS200 series, with the footpod - superb!

Got mine in the states but wasnt all that much cheaper, whats the price these days?

What does the 800 offer? If its cadence and stuff I wouldnt bother.
  • trijunkerstrijunkers Posts: 55
    Well i've got the garmin forerunner 305 which is fantastic for running and probably better than the newer 405 version which hasn't had great reviews. As regard biliking you can also use the garmin for this but it's not really designed to be a multisport watch. I've got a polar CS200CAD which was great for the first 6 months but then the battery ran out on the speed sensor and you can't replace it which is the greatest con in the history of HR monitors. Just ordered myself the garmin edge 305 which if you are an info junkie on the bike looks like a great bit of kit. I reckon if you want to future proof yourself you should go for a GPS device.
  • trijunkerstrijunkers Posts: 55
    biliking = biking by the way!! ;-)
  • MikeyBMikeyB Posts: 135
    I also have a Forerunner 305 and find it very useful. If you get the cadence/speed sensor it is also great on the bike and can be used for turbo session. I don't have much experience with other HRMs but would certainly recommend the Garmin.

Mike

• I have a garmin forerunner 305 with cadence/speed sensor which is an excellent tool (having elevation as a metric is really handy). My only problems with it is when cycling you can't view actual cadence. The display for current HR is far too small.

Also, does anyone know how to set HR zones and for it to alert when you exit the specific zone?

This is when I learn I've been using it incorrectly for the past month - ha

• MikeyBMikeyB Posts: 135
    You can set HR zones using the Garmin Training Center software. You can also configure workouts and set it to alarm when going above/below target HR, speed, etc.

You can also configure the display on the device to show cadence while cycling. This is done manually on the device (RTFM :-))

Mike