Sports Bra Recommendation please

2»

Comments

• Options
    pacman2102pacman2102 Posts: 247
    have you tried the new tops swimming yet and are they as good when wet
  • Options
    there is a company called bravissimo which specialize in larger woman and they have some excellent sportbra. the freya active should be the best or thre max sports
  • Options
    tribirdtribird Posts: 5
    Shock Absorber level 4 under trisuit. I agree there is no support in any so called supportive tri tops for my 34D and 2x breastfed kids. The potential discomfort of bra under suit is far less than the discomfort of bounce. Bodyglide in necessary places can help prevent rubbing/chaffing although my bra fits so well it doesn't move anyway.
  • Options
    A girl at work who is slightly bigger than you swears by a sports bra a size to small extra compression and a tri/nra style top again a size to small. She says it was a little tight at the start but when she got used to it very little bounce and comfortable, her only complaint was as it is so tight curtain parts of her body are a lot more visable (nipples) but she says that's a small price to pay for the extra support and comfort.

She use a nike top and a brasisomo sports bra
  • Options
    tribird wrote:

Shock Absorber level 4 under trisuit. I agree there is no support in any so called supportive tri tops for my 34D and 2x breastfed kids. The potential discomfort of bra under suit is far less than the discomfort of bounce. Bodyglide in necessary places can help prevent rubbing/chaffing although my bra fits so well it doesn't move anyway.

I'm a 34DD and I've just bought the new Shock absorber swimwear (bra top and briefs) the bra top is the same fit as the B109 level 4 and it is made of swimwear material on the top and a mesh-like bra inside. I fits great just like my B109 and doesn't rub. I ran for a few miles in it after getting out of my local swimming pool, (with a top over to avoid the stares) and it felt just like my sports bra. Not sure it dried any quicker than a bra but it looks good and fits well too!! I would buy the briefs in a size smaller though as they are loose when wet. Quite costly at about £40 from sheactive but I'm using it when I do my first tri in a few weeks. I'll let you know how I get on.
  • Options
    I have just ordered the shock swimsuit from sheactive - think it will be good for swim training in (I do find it more comfy swimming with support), and maybe for if I run to the pool and back with some other kit on top. I will still go b109 for racing and b4490 for running though. lets see how we go!
  • Options
    I am the only person who likes the sportjock super sport bras? I know they don't look like they'll work that well BUT I went to them a couple of years ago after some chaffing issues and wouldn't go back! I'm a 36D (at least) so plenty of support, they squish everything down so you sort of forget they are there! Dunno how they're work for tri though, might be a bit soggy? Anyone know or do I have to wear mine in the shower then run with it?