Home Chat General Chat

Aquathlon

Looking to sign up for an Aquathlon sometime soon and wondered how the transitions normally happen in a leisure centre type of event? also what should I swim in?

Do I wear swim trunks then change into running stuff or what?

Comments

• BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Only done one...poolside change, did it in a trisuit & chucked a run top on..it was December. Weirdest feeling: hot sweaty upper & freezing cold legs.
  • legalbeaglelegalbeagle Posts: 208
    hi there,

I have just finished a series of races -I wore a tri suit and pulled a running top on - and on two events a hat and gloves as well as it was so cold! but lots of others wore swim suits and pulled something over the top of that- beware the dreaded chaffing though if you opt for running shorts over a swim suit!

I did 4 races, two had transition on poolside indoors and two had transition just outside - nice & cold & windy!! I can't say there was any real difference being in or out.

It's really tempting to try and run as soon as you get out of the pool but most events will follow BTF rules about running on poolside - ie don't or you get disqualified.

Good luck! Hope you enjoy it.
  • sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    thanks, i think I will look into getting a tri suit and just pull a tee or running top over the top. know any good ones? i live SE England. Samuel
  • legalbeaglelegalbeagle Posts: 208
    I got mine from 220 magazine it was a special offer - the fire service had a load that were the wrong size - its a Spuik.

I don't know about shops down your way, I'm in mid Wales so hardly any shops here, I tend to get most stuff online - I'd try TriUK or Wiggle, you can order a few sizes and send back the ones that don't fit - both sites are really good for returing stuff. Hope you find a nice one!