Home Chat General Chat

SBR NYC

Anyone been to the SBR shop in Manhattan, New York?

Im going there in 4 weeks and have some money to spend.... so I figured I would get more for my money over in the U. S. of A.

Thanks

Comments

• TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    Havent been there, but may go nxt time Im in new york, but just remember customs when you are buying stuff, they can be utter buggers on what they deem 'luxury items'.

I found this out when i bought a gibson guitar back last time I went to the US, I declared it, as I couldnt exactly get away with it, the guy went away, i think he must have checked it on the net, came back and slapped a £150 charge on me! still saved about 300 on uk price tho, but i was fuming!

• BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Surely in a strictly legal basis, anything triathlon related cannot be a luxury...your whole life could depend on those seconds saved.
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    also, i would call something luxury if it gave me pleasure and made me feel good, not searing pain and bleeding feet on a rainy sunday morning!
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    but if you put it in those terms...HM customs will hand you a bill, if you put it as a necessity to alleviate all those distressing & frankly probably contravening your own human rights to a comfortable existence type symptoms, then you are in tax free!