Home Chat General Chat

hungry the day after a long workout/race

Hi

The day after i do a long workout or race seem to get really hungry , is this becuase i am not eating enough after my training or is thsi normal?

Andy

Comments

• tony btony b Posts: 57
    Tricky one, without knowing the effort/duration of the workout, and what/how much you eat. I'd suggest you experiment a bit. Do you manage your workouts okay? How soon after do you feed? I have a recovery bar or drink as soon as possible and a meal/snack soon after that, depending on the time of day. Do you eat enough during the workout? If you do, try eating/drinking a bit more after the event and see if it has any affect. Personally, I don't feel like eating a big meal after I've worked out hard. One other thing - are you eating enough protein? As well as needing it post training/racing to help ther body recover, protein tends to make you feel full up quicker. Perhaps look at the balance of the meals you're eating.

I'd be interested to know how it goes
  • MikeyBMikeyB Posts: 135
    I always feel like eating after a big session or race. This is partly because I have always made myself eat straight after a training session or game (when I played rugby) so that now it just feels normal. I think it is perfectly normal to feel hungry the day after as your body has increased requirements to refuel your muscles and get fitter. If your body is genuinely telling you it is hungry feed it. Just make sure it is some thing healthy and as tony b said make sure you are getting enough protein.

Mike