Home Chat General Chat

Cyclefit

Anyone used cyclefit in WC2 London, im thinking about getting a proper bikefit there?

Comments

• sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    As no one sees to know cyclefit does anyone know a good bike shop in london who do decent bike fittings?
  • Never been here but have heard good things. Near Canary Wharf I believe.

http://www.cycledoctor.co.uk/
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    Mosquito cycles.

I had a day to kill in London once and I decided to visit a few cycle shops.

I have to say that all the top end shops were over-priced and possibly not behind the door in trying to dazzle the unsuspecting with bu*****t.

There are a few online cycle fitters - competitivecyclist.com (I think thats what it's called) but I think you have to pay?

Read up a little before you shell out; the Cervelo tutorial is good - it talks about "reach" which explains the subtlties of not just basing your choice on top tube length - stem length and seat tube angle have huge bearing on fit.

Personally My best fitting session ws when I bought my Cervelos and the shop owner insisted I took my shoes and shorts and he spent a lot of time setting me up - tweaking saddle, pedals, stem, handlebars, cleats and even chainset. He just used his eye and experience I have now three of the most comfortable bike I've ever owned - much better than the biofitted computer bikes I've had

• sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    Thanks all.
  • BoycieBoycie Posts: 189
    Condor cycles have a great reputation, although I haven't been there myself.