Home Chat General Chat

Trek Madone.... Pro?

Pro

[image]local://1748/56A05335CCD44FFD8D99FE422673A3D0.jpg[/image]

Comments

• sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    What is the difference between the Trek Madone original and Trek Madone Pro? I can see from the photos that the frame is different but why is this?

[image]local://1748/EB8B80BEE59045A6B7F3C6A0B4683B31.jpg[/image]
  • agent_tiagent_ti Posts: 306
    Which madone is this? I'm guessing the frame will be higher quality carbon or have extra layers to make it thicker, and by the looks of it has a shorter head tube to make the front end stiffer and give it a more aggressive position
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    It might also be that they are one and the same bike but have different brand names one for Europe and the other for USA. Possibly some dealer got a cheap shipment of US ones and is selling them off. Both models in the photos certainly look the same and both seem to have Ultegra groupset.... Interesting
    You can buy both models from evanscycles... Madone 5.2 or Madone 5.2 Pro..... just wondered what the difference was?!? odd.

Above - The white is Madone and black is Madone Pro
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Yep, head tube looks shorter on the black one. Also, is that Ultegra SL (or Black, or whatever) compared to standard Ultegra? I'm sure it makes cock all difference to anything expect the price.

Finally, the cycnical part of me says that the 'Pro' has indeed got 'Pro' written on it, and will therefore be more expensive.
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    And therefore a lot faster of course!!![:D]
    They are both the same price!