Home Chat General Chat

For Goodness Shakes Tri - 28th June

andyb99andyb99 Posts: 229
where is it??? link????

Comments

• husslerhussler Posts: 237
    Yep, Im doing it... Its at Dorney lake.

http://www.forgoodnessshakes.com/event-detail.aspx?eventid=201

It looks a good event, it is divided into Age Group waves so you only race against your fellow age group :) no one else.

Also if you win your age group you get sponsorship from these guys.

The sponsorship package is well worth having......

I am already currently sponsored by these guys so I have to do the race, I receive clothing, money off vouchers, and best of all 24 bottles of FGS every month for free:)

Oh yeh and one more thing, the race goodie bag looks good too:)
  • Ron99Ron99 Posts: 237
    Yep- I'm doing it as well. About 57 cyberwinters away from winning my age group though...
  • love2trilove2tri Posts: 7
    I am in on this one!

i am in the 25-29 age group....
  • andyb99andyb99 Posts: 229
    i wont be doing that...its the weekend after my first ever Tri (liverpool) and i wont be ready for a sprint distance one yet...maybe anothe SS (or at least a short swim one) first before i do traditional sprint.

looks good though so maybe next year
  • joolzdjoolzd Posts: 245
    hmmm am thinking about doing this one...haven't made up my mind yet as not sure whether 4 sprints in two months is too much? Nothing booked in after Blenheim (until Sept/Oct) so maybe I will decide after that...
  • yeah im doing that one signed up for it the night I came back from the eton super sprints after 'puncture gate' damn that flint
  • chapperschappers Posts: 97
    yep, on for this one too - it'll be my first tri ever [:D]
  • moonshinemoonshine Posts: 335
    yep I'll be there on a mission to claw back the 4mis 9 secs the other half beat me by in Cardiff - means serious bike and run training as not a chance in the swim, sure his mother met a dolphin[:D]
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    All been well I shall be doing this one - got to double check that I have nothing going on that weekend, so speaking to the boss later to confirm.
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    Am now booked in for this :D better start upping the training again.

Just entered......

Ill be in the 25-29 age group,

Looking forward to this one from what I gather its flat so should be a really quick one!
  • chapperschappers Posts: 97
    Conehead, are there any places left on the rookie day south? I've decided last minute cramming may not be a bad idea ;-) (that and my injuries are finally clearing up so I'm feeling more up for the race)

• sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    Conehead - Do It!
  • BlurredgirlBlurredgirl Posts: 292
    OK - reckon I'm up for this one. Will sign up today when I've sorted out travel.

Will have to get me a forum T-shirt in time!

blurredgirl
    Right - done that. See you all there!

blurredgirl
  • BmanBman Posts: 442
    Sounds like a good one. I do like decent goodie bags. Think I'll sign up for it.
  • PC_67PC_67 Posts: 196
    Anyone got an idea whether there's stuff to entertain kids - bouncy castles and that type of thing?

I'm dragging my wife and 2 young kids to a campsite in a field in Worcestershire for the Upton Tri two weeks later and I'm curious whether I have any surplus goodwill I can count upon from Mrs PC.
  • BmanBman Posts: 442
    All I can think of is the ice cream van, but beware, the mr whippy machine exploded in the face of the chap standing in the queue just in front of me a few weeks ago. Ice cream all over the show, but he did get an extra flake for his troubles. But it does seem like a nice place for family picnics on the grass between the run and bike. Loads of people seem to do it.
  • tomtristomtris Posts: 135
    Entered.....will be in 25-29 age group.

Look forward to seeing you all there

• BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    If its sponsored by goodness shakes, would it be wise to stand well clear of the podium?
  • tomtristomtris Posts: 135
    following on from coneheads post...... as so many of us forum-ers are competing in this, and Im sure some of us are bringing families with us, is it not possible for us all to meet up somehow?!

• Looks like a fair few people in the 25-29 group. How fast do you think the winning time will be? not that i have a chance, but just curious. I am tempted to enter as well, will see what i feel like after ironman 70.3.
    Im hoping to be there or there abouts for a top 5 AG finish and these will be my times approx......

750m swim - 10:30-11 mins

T1 - 60s max

20km Bike approx 30 mins

T2 - less than 30s

5k run - 18-19 mins

Total - anywhere around 60-65 mins I reckon.......

Going off the mid week traithletes world sprint results on the same course the winner of race 1 did 62 something....

their swim times seem a little slow too for the fast guys.... maybe my 750 time is a little ambitous lol.

The winning time will be around 60-65mins though.
    out of interest what about other age groups? I'll be last regardless but just interested just how much difference I can put down to my declining years - a girl needs every excuse she can find[:D] and something to aim for
    Its hard to predict times for each Age Group.....

The fastest times sometimes come from people in 40-45 age group so you cant really predict winning times for your age group......

I would go off your quickest sprint Tri, be it 400m or 750m swim, and aim for that as Its a fast flat race, adjust as necessary for the swim part.....

It should be somewhere around that time.....

I just happen to know what time it takes me to cycle approx 20km on a flat course after a swim.

My swim time is based on my known 400m swim time in a wetsuit of 5 mins 20s and allowing for sighting, bun fight etc

My run is pretty standard for me, I can go quicker but thats an average time for me to cover 5k.

I'm female, 40-45 age group. Hoping to come in at around 1.30 or less, if I don't blow up in the water or on the run.

See you all there!

blurredgirl

same age group Blurredgirl I'm hoping 1.45 as the swim will be my challenge see you there
    Uh oh - competition!

Looking forward to meeting you.

blurredgirl

• jasejase Posts: 47
    Have just signed up - thanks for the tip
    anyone had their info yet?