Home Chat General Chat

when nature calls...

Just been wondering about what happens regarding toilets on longer events such as Ironman. Do you just find a convenient place and relax or are there loos at the feed stations / Transition? A strange one I know, but I realised I had no idea!

I've done a Sprint and Olympic length now and these distances are not really long enough to need any facilities on route.

Comments

• jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Depends on the race organisers,some races have the odd toilet spaced sporadically around the course.On most races the athletes just stop by the side of the road and go but indecent exposure is a criminal offence so find some where out of view which may be difficult on the lava fields of Lanzarote or Hawaii.It is acceptable to urinate whilst riding the bike but try to avoid spraying the competitor behind you its not polite.
  • I have done a couple of IM and I take so long to complete them it is necessary to find the facilites, IMWA has a few toilets around the course often at the aid stations, plus the odd public one, IMNZ had quite a lot but when I needed one there was a queue which caused a bit of hopping around! Generally if you can get out of view (preferably out of town!) for a "No 1" you can probably get away with it, there are always warnings about DQ's for not using the facilities.

• My company's aeroNappy (patent pending) should put an end to all those precious minutes lost in such races...
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    I always wondered about those bottle cages mounted behind the saddle...