Home Chat General Chat

A sudden dawning realisation

There is something quite scary and exciting about seeing your name on the accepted competitors list for your first IM event - it kind of focuses the mind that you do have something to train for after all!

Comments

• treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    The realisation really comes when the man says "GO"
  • pacmanpacman Posts: 109
    Hey CD you're dead right it's the realisation that you're officially booked in to take on your hardest physical challenge ever! I found it a pretty defining moment and it does inspire some serious training. The thing is, as the frog says from now on every moment becomes a new adventure. From a six hour training spin on your tobler, to buying that new bit of kit that may make it even a tiny bit easier, and don't forget avoiding injury and overtraining - man it's a beautiful minefield, leading up to a starter's gun and then the satisfaction of reaching the end. And it doesn't stop there, I just got confirmation of my place in Norseman 2009 and even with 2 IM under my belt I'm still bricking myself! What a fantastic sport we're in! Good luck with journey!
  • Thanks!
  • and can I just say Norseman 09 - you madman - would love to do it tho......[:)]