Home Chat General Chat
Options

BBC sport website promoting nasty tricks/cheating in Tri????

2»

Comments

• Options
    diddsdidds Posts: 655
    Considering the BBC's response that it was all just good lighthearted fun maybe we should provide a second article for the BBC to publish in similar "light hearted" vein.

We could suggest "jolly and fun tricks" ... (I do NOT advocate ANY of these in reality!!!!!)

* carry a stick that you could launch into an opponents spokes on the bike leg - minimum of opponent losing time, possible maximium benefit of smashed bike and curtailment of race plus severe injury keeping opponent out of the next few races.

* carry a razor blade in the o/water swim, and slice open their wetsuit. The razor blade can be dropped afterwards into the lake/river/sea and you'll get away scot free. Minimum benefit of wetsuit flooding and acting as a brake to their progress, or you might get lucky and slice off a couple of fingers thus knocking them out of triathlon as an opponent for ever

* carry a hypodermic filled with tranquilizers and as you pass another runner jab them in the buttocks with it so that their performance goes right off. Use a needle you found lieing around in a hedgrow and they might contract AIDS as well and never race against you again. leave the hyperdermic in them so you don;t have to get rid of it yourself.

* in transition setup, smear an oppos bike brake blokes with grease /vaseline etc. First corner they fail to slow down and crash therefore rendering themslves momentarily disrupted or even better out of the race all together.

I'm sure we can all come up with some more light hearted tricks of the trade if we think hard enough eh?

dick dastardly aka didds

• Options
    MGMG Posts: 470
    Calm down peeps!!!

Just read the article and it seems fairly tongue (and foot) in cheek, I dont believe for one moment it was meant to offend or make people believe that our beloved triathlon is a "violent" sport. OK, for sure you are going to get tagged by an accidental foot or hand in the swim, if you cant handle it, dont get in the water!! I'm not for one moment condoning this but it does happen, hell I given and recieved some hits in the water before, its all the fun of the fair!!!! I firmly believe Tom Fordyce is not suggesting anyone tries these dastardly tricks just that they may have crossed some peoples minds before[;)].

Peace............[8D]
  • Options
    jon_gjon_g Posts: 318
    totally agree MG. think everyone's taking this far too seriously.

just waiting for everyone to tell us we're not taking it seriously enough.......[&:]