Home Chat General Chat

Elastic laces

About to do my first duathlon and am considering getting elastic laces for my running shoes to speed up transition.

Any tips?

Comments

• never tried them - I find it easier to just slip my trainers on and off.

whatever you do, recommend you try it out in training.

• BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    I hardly have a pair of shoes without elastic laces in now..I am getting so lazy..but I love them easy on easy off, once tightened to your preference they are perfect. Top tip..don't cut off the extra end until you are sure you have the right length/tightness.
  • edfitz15edfitz15 Posts: 4
    Thanks.

Any recommendations for brands and where to buy?
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    Hahaha, Britspin that is so true, I was actually going to post that when I saw this thread earlier! I ruined my 1st set of elactic laces by cutting them off too short, and wasnt able to get my feet into them!
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Amen to above - Elastics also handy as they don't come untied when running as happened on one occassion and robbed me of cracking a PB - they also look cool, as if I know what I'm doing (ha!)

As suggested leave them long until you get settled before you start snipping

Good luck

• hang on a second - you look cool and its looks like you know what you are doing.

This is definitely something i'm striving for!

right, i'm converted and off to buy some.

• BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    You can get red ones as well.

I prefer Lock Laces, the elastic is tough enough (some are too sloppy) & long enough. I found lwiskit ones a bit short & the ones that came with the asics gel Forster too sloppy.