Home Chat General Chat

Lady tri suits - a query!

julesojuleso Posts: 279
Hello.

Turns out that the elastic grippers on my tri suit make my legs look like sausages with elastic bands round them. It's an Orca suit. Is there anyone with, er, podgy legs who has a more, well, sympathetic gripping situation going on? I'm thinking that my triathlon debut next month might not be as elegant as I was hoping......

Could be that I need to turn the fat to muscle, but I'm thinking that's not an option in the next four weeks!

Also could be that I should just chill.....but if anyone has words of wisdom, they'd be appreciated.

Comments

• moonshinemoonshine Posts: 335
    CHILL spectators are far too transfixed by the fellas in their leave nothing to the imagination lycra to be bothered wih us girls with podgy legs[:D]
  • How strange - I thought the same thing about my legs yesterday when I put my Orca shorts on. I wouldn't say I have podgy legs either - must be an orca thing!

• brizzichickbrizzichick Posts: 166
    yup i'm with you on the orca front...i think the elastic stuff to keep them riding up is a bit tight (well that's wot I keep telling myself anyway [;)]) i just grin and bare it....
  • ipay1980ipay1980 Posts: 84
    although i am guy, my mrs directed me to this posting! i used to have some orca shorts, and found the grippers too tight. i carefully pulled the plasticy stuff off. this loosened them greatly, to become fine, and they did not ride up at all.
  • julesojuleso Posts: 279
    Ooh, I'm glad it's not just me, then. I had thought that my legs were fairly normal in a lady way but the Orca grippers make them look hideous, and also they get quite sore under a wetsuit as well.

Maybe I'll try the idea of carefully taking the silicone gripper off........although this would mean I'm unable to sell it if I find a better suit.

Thanks all for the advice. :-)