Home Chat Race Chat

Forestman and Eireman

diddsdidds Posts: 655
Hi - been asked by a Kiwi chum for all and any low down on Forestman and Eireman as he's looking to come over in 2010 for them...

all info gratefully received :-)

cheers

didds

Comments

• hiya Didds - for eireman checkout

http://www.eireman.org/

Cheers!

GD
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    cheers garydee77. ... sorry I wasn;t specific enough. He's probably checked that out... we were really looking for reports and thoughts from those that have done it before etc .

cheers!

didds

• hiya Didds - I think (and I could be very wrong) but its the first year of the Eireman this year

Im training to do Ireman week or 2 before Eireman, which is up in Groomsports in the north of ireland - www.ireman.org - so thats another link if hes interested?

Cheers

GD

cheers gary ... I'l give him the heads up on the ireman as well :-)

didds

• RobRob Posts: 209
    Hey didds, as has been mentioned Eireman is in its first yr. This will be Forestman's second (& possibly last?) yr. I marshalled Forestman last yr & the feedback from competitors was excellent. The swim is long (Richard the organiser doesn't like to short change people), probably 4.2k ish. The bike is not too bad. The run however is apparently a bit of a killer. I haven't done it myself but I know the route & there are some short, sharp hills, it's off road all bar about 2miles which is road (mile out to the tracks & a mile back at the end). RaceNewForest always put on excellent events, I've done a few & marshalled a few so can comment from both sides of the fence. The organisation is second to none, Richard & Jo put a lot of work into make sure things go as smoothly as possible, & the events are some of the friendliest around. There's rumours that this wil be the last yr, there hasn't been as much support as had been hoped. But, if there's enough interest it might happen again next yr.......

Cheers

Rob
    awesome information Rob... thankyou :-)

didds